Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Small RANT and then to Happy Baby Updates & Gifts

Well hello, 
I am going to start off this post with a little rant... I normally don't do this sort of thing (on my blogs) but I am so SICK AND TIRED of people doing this! I am referring to when a couple has been together for a whatever length of time, and someone (normally a female) goes up to the woman in the relationship and asks, "So when are you and <insert boyfriend's name here> going to get engaged!?"  (and sometimes they like to ask this obnoxious question in front of the guy she is dating!)


Now comes the part where the woman has to feel awkward while politely smiling and answering, "I don't know?" 
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! I remember I HATED this when people would ask me this before Mark proposed. Listen people, the women in the relationship does not know when the man is going to drive over to the jewelry store and purchase the engagement ring...SO DO NOT ASK! It is so rude and is asked way too often. I am ranting about this because I have gone through it, watched friends of mine that were put in this awkward position, and then I read it on a friend of mine's Facebook today! If you really want to know the answer to this personal question then take the guy she is dating aside and ask HIM. 


Ok, I am done... Now I can move on to happier, baby things :) I feel better now. Thank you.


Baby Update: 


Almost half way there! On Tuesday Baby McGuire turned 19 weeks along!


Below: This what I receive in an email on a weekly basis: A baby update from
The Bump.com 

Your Pregnancy: Week 19
Those nasty leg cramps are probably making it tough to get comfortable. One way to ease the pain: Extend your leg and flex your ankle and toes toward your knees. Or enlist your partner for a calf (and back!) massage. Good news: Your now-bulging belly should get you a little more compassion from everyone around you.

 Baby's now the size of a mango!
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

To-do:

[ tip ] Exercise is a must, but your lung capacity ain't what it used to be. Since you've got less oxygen available during pregnancy, take your workouts down a notch or two.


 I cannot believe I am almost 20 weeks! It feels like yesterday that I got the "pregnant" on the pregnancy test! 
Yes, I took a picture of my pregnancy test when it delivered the good news! Wouldn't you!? Plus, I had never seen a pregnancy test in my life up until this point so I was going nuts...
This pregnancy is going by so fast that I am happy that I am home and getting to enjoy every single second. I remember that in the beginning I was waiting and waiting...and waiting for a baby bump to finally appear and then overnight at about 16 weeks- BAM! A BUMP! I still have to take my 19 week picture tonight, but I went a little over 18 weeks photo last time so I just may wait until I am at 20 weeks. <plus, I don't think anything has changed since that last photo>



I would like to take this time to thank our great friends, Jared and Jacki Roche for sending us another baby gift! 
With the Roches on our wedding day! 09-04-10 
When we saw them for the FSU spring game (3 days after we told people that we were expecting), and Jared ran over to Bill's Bookstore (an FSU textbook and apparel store) and purchased 3 FSU onesies! Haha...her 1st outfits :) 

Today, I received a package from them and had a feeling Jacki had a lot to do with this gift ;) There was pink gift wrap and Vera Bradly stationary...haha

"Because every little girl needs a sear sucker sundress! We just couldn't resist.
Love, Uncle Jared & Aunt Jacki"

The back of the dress. It came with a matching hat and  bottoms.  HOW CUTE IS SHE GOING TO LOOK IN THIS?!!?  Mark loves it too...He's a fan of the collar flap on the back (a nautical twist to it.)

Thank you, Jared & Jacki! We love and appreciate her gift very much. 

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome! We are so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I love your little rant! Then once you get engaged, the question changes to "when are y'all getting married?" and after that it's "when are y'all going to have a baby?" If one more person asks Jared and I when we are going to have a baby, I'm going to stab them in the eyeballs

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO