Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Our Newest Himalayan Salt Lamp! + daily GREEN smoothie

Hi there! 

As you know, I was ecstatic when my mother bought me my very first Himalayan Salt Lamp for Christmas. I had been researching their health benefits for quite some time and couldn't stop talking about them. We use Himalayan salt as our "table salt" for cooking and so when I learned about the lamps, I was so excited to get one. 

The one my mom bought me is large and I love it! Since I've been using it, I've noticed a difference in the overall energy of our home. I keep it on all day long in the living room and move it to our bedroom in the evening for Mark and myself to enjoy. 

My mother bought mine at HomeGoods. It came as a free standing lamp without a box or any information so I had no idea where to purchase another when that time came. As we all know, HomeGoods is great and all but not consistent with their products as they are always getting new, different items in. I have yet to ever see one of these lamps in there and there all the time...

Well, good news! I found a great company and now have a perfect sized Himalayan Salt Lamp for our daughter's room! I am so happy because I needed a smaller lamp for her room to use as a night light as well as the additional, health benefits that a Himalayan Salt Lamp gives naturally and a traditional nightlight does not. 


Luckily, this great company I came across called YourSaltLamps.com sends their salt lamps with instructions on how to care for it, details on the benefits of salt lamps, and instructions for bulb replacement if needed down the line! That's good news if you're a first time Himalayan Salt Lamp owner! Like I said, I didn't have that information the first time around and had to search the internet for the first lamp I received. 

Here are some pictures so you can see the approximate size of the Mini Himalayan Salt Lamp that I received. Since Ava is napping, I took it out of her room to take these photos. It is great in her room for the amount of light it gives. 
(I had the overhead light on in this room and the iphone contrast makes it look very bright but it has a warmer glow than in these two next photos.)




I wish I would have known about Himalayan Salt Lamps earlier on so that I would have had one in the nursery from the start! 

If you are not familiar with them... here is why it was no brainer for me to own some when I did some research: 

 "Millions of years ago, the present day subcontinents of India and Eurasia collided, elevating the ocean beds high into the air, creating the Himalayan Mountains. Salt crystal from the ocean beds remained trapped deep in the cavernous depths of the Himalayan Mountains for centuries." 

"The effects of Himalayan salt lamps are reported to be similar to those of ionizers. Natural salt lamps permeate their surroundings  with negative ions. Negative ions are believed to kill bacteria, purify the air, reduce radiation, increase well-being and soothe the mind, body and soul. The ionization from salt lamps is reported to relieve fatigue, anxiety, depression, insomnia, bronchial cold, ADHD, burns, allergies, sinus, eczema, and emphysema."

"No two salt lamps or natural salt products will ever be alike. They naturally contain veins, cracks, and striations." 

This is information was provided by YourSaltLamps.com


Not only do I love my new salt lamp that my 14month old daughter will benefit from in her own room, but I am happy to have also found a great company to purchase future lamps from for family and friends of ours. 

It gives such a warm, soothing glow that just makes our home feel tranquil and serene. See? 


Their customer service is also wonderful and quick to deliver their carefully, packaged products! 
As shown on their website, shipping is free in the continental US! (excluding Alaska & Hawaii)

I highly recommend them and look forward to learning about other holistic health items that they offer. 
Don't worry, I'll keep you posted as I always do!  ;) 





And last but not least: Today's green smoothie!






I must say, it was quite tasty! One of my friends messaged me and said she uses lemon in her juices/smoothies. 
Yes! ALWAYS use lemon if you have it! It is alkalizing for the body! 
Of course, I forgot to buy my bag of organic lemons last time I was at Whole Foods so I'm doing without until I shop again. 

Don't forget your raw greens today! I also hope that you will look into getting yourself or someone you love a beautiful and beneficial Himalayan Salt Lamp

XO

Christina 

17 comments:

  1. I'm really curious to try one! Might have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I love them... It is like having a little piece of the spa in your home with continuous health benefits! haha

      Delete
  2. Interesting, I never knew they had Heath benefits! Makes me sad about selling my lamp at a garage sale years ago :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww no! Well, now you and your family can pick one out together for you all to enjoy (and keep forever!)

      Delete
  3. Hi! Just saw your blog comment as I was checking email during naptime! ;) So glad you found me! 9 & 11 - that is amazing!!! I always feel so blessed to have not had to go through the whole dating game... I cannot even imagine! Anyway, love your blog and I have never even heard of a salt lamp. So interesting! Excited to explore some of your recipes and such as well - I have been trying to clean up our diet a bit and am very interested in making healthier choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are in the right place!! Happy you are a new blogging buddy!

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of a Salt lamp but this fascinates me. I use Pink Himalayan Salt as well in my house. The lamp is quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it is heated the negative ions permeate throughout the area. It is fascinating to me too! Haha. :)

      Delete
  5. So nice to know about the lemons. I'm always squeezing lemon in my juices just because I heard it was a good thing to do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The more your body's pH level is on the alkaline side, the healthier you are. Lemons are very alkaline. Check out this page
      http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5165/Alkaline-Acidic-Foods-Chart-The-pH-Spectrum.html

      enjoy :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so interesting and beautiful! I am really impressed with features of Himalayan salt lamps and benefits it can offer. You did a great job by giving us review of this natural formation. I have just watched this product online. After reading your blog I am seriously going to buy it for my sister who disturb me the whole night with horrible snoring voices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first 6 or 7 Google pages are full of websites promoting the lamps, but nothing on any scientific reviews. After studying your weblog, I have to conclude that the lamps are lovely and would look really cool at nighttime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. I also have these lamps in my home and just love them. These lamps are so beautiful and of course beneficial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. replica bags canada fake gucci i0s00g3n98 best replica ysl bags replica bags wholesale my explanation r0f59a7p70 joy replica bags review use this link d2t73j3h76 good quality replica bags replica bags online uae g3p49s1u76

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO