Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Baby Boy!

Message at 1AM from my neighbor and friend, Jessica  


Congrats to the new mommy and daddy!!!!!!

Christian Alexander was born today at 8:39 am (7.3 lbs 19 3/4 in).

For those of you who recall my recent blog post about my two friends having their baby showers on the same day, this is Jessica, the first one that I attended that day. 
Jessica is my friend that I met when I moved to Pompano with my mom. After my mom and step father divorced entering my freshman year of high school, my mom and I moved from our house in Ft. Lauderdale to a condo in Pompano Beach. Jessica's mother's friend saw me moving in with my mother (Mark was there helping too.) 
Sarah (Jessica's mother's friend) quickly started freaking me out with a million questions to find out if I would be a good influence on Jessica or if I was some sort of a trouble-maker teen. I suppose since I was Jessica's new neighbor, she had her concerns. Well I like to think I turned out to be a decent influence... ;) haha 


 See?! 
13 years later, I turned that Jessica into green loving mama! Woohoo! Haha.
 (I stalked your Facebook pictures for some material, Jess.)
Daily green smoothies and a new organic lover. 


Jess even came with me to two events that taught us about natural parenting and how to eat/live healthier. 

The second event we attended was to listen to the author and well known pediatrician, Dr. Sears, speak.

(Sidenote to explain the photo below:  During the talk he explained that he doesn't take artificial vitamins and such but that he takes one supplement along with his organic diet to stay healthy- an all natural/organic veggie/fruit supplant called Juice Plus.) Jessica went ahead and purchased her 4 month supply. :)

You should see our texts... Full of excitement over all things healthy hahaha We are such nerds (and proud of it!) 


...Or when I make trips to Whole Foods and pick up her probiotics for her with a big smile on my face :) 

Jessica, aside from the healthy stuff, I want you to know that I am so incredibly proud of you already.
You told me from the beginning that you enjoyed watching my pregnancy with Ava and how happy I was throughout the entire pregnancy. I was so happy to see that you followed suit and embraced your pregnancy from the moment you found out that you and Mike were expecting.  You haven't complained once but focused on the positive things instead like I told you. You ate well and exercised to stay feeling great, read books that would support your decisions in raising a healthy baby, took safety classes, etc. 

You and I have spoken a lot about how important it is to focus on the positive and not the negative. Much too often we hear parents complaining about the bad pregnancy symptoms rather than speak about the fact that it is amazing that their body is growing a baby! Pregnancy goes by too quickly so it is important to cherish it rather than to groan your way thorough it...and you did just that! 
It was wonderful watching you embrace it and take care of your growing baby the right way.  

I love watching you interact with Ava and know that you will be such an amazing mother yourself.  I cannot wait to meet that beautiful baby boy. 

Congrats to you and Mike.  
Christian is very lucky to have you both as parents and you are as well to have him choose you to be his forever. 

(Remember, I am right around the corner and will be there at a moment's notice if you need me to cook, clean, or hold that precious baby while you nap or take a shower. These first few weeks can be a rough adjustment. Just know that we are here for you if you need ANYTHING. You will be great, mama!) 

XO

Christina


3 comments:

  1. Awww Christina!!! You are such a SWEET FRIEND!!!!! AW :) I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does my thing come up as Kara Kastor!?!! Haha OMG that's a blog I made like 6 years ago. Embarrassing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO