Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

A Bridal Shower In Honor of Alexandra Venezia

Over the weekend, I got to spend time with my best friend, Alexandra Venezia, for her Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party! Her mother, her sister, and I hosted the bridal shower for her at the W Hotel on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. It was a beautiful afternoon full amazing food, friendly guests, and great memories. Here are some pictures below from Saturday, July 23rd 2012.

Ali next to the world's most delicious cupcakes! These were SO GREAT. 
Stephanie (Ali's sister), Mrs. Venezia (Ali's mother), and Ali
Dayna, Jessica, Ali, Sarah, me, and Breana

Ali opening her bridal shower gifts!

My favorite part was after Ali opened the gifts.  I asked all of the guests to each think of some words of wisdom for a happy marriage. We each went around and gave our advice and things that have helped us in our marriages or relationships. My advice to Ali was what my abuela told me at my bridal shower, which is really the one that stuck with me the most.

She said, "In marriage, you will have some unpleasant times when you have arguments. You must remember that in those times, you need to choose your words very wisely. Once you have said something, you cannot take it back. Sure- you can always apologize... but the words have already been put out there and will be remembered even after the argument. So be careful when speaking to the one you love." 

Side note:
I love this piece of advice because Mark and I are big believers in the idea that rather than judging a couple on their good times in public, nice photos shared on Facebook,  gifts/vacations they give to each other, etc.,  you actually can tell more about a couple by the way they disagree or argue with each other. (For example, in all of the years that I have known Mark, he has not raised his voice at me or has ever called me a bad name when we have argued- even in the darkest moments.) I think this is something to keep in mind when trying to find a mature and loving companion to share your life with.)

Stephanie, Ali's sister, wrote each  piece of advice down on a heart shaped piece of paper and placed them in a pretty keepsake box that we presented Ali with at the end of the Bridal Shower. There were so many great things shared and said during this time, and I am happy that Ali will have these written down to look back on.
So excited to be sharing this special time with Ali!


I am honored to be Ali's Matron of Honor alongside her sister, Stephanie Venezia. The bridal shower was a beautiful day and the bachelorette party was very fun. ( I did not include photos from the bachelorette party - those are kept secret!) haha

Ali, I hope you are taking in each moment of this very special time in your life. You have three weeks left until your BIG DAY. I am so happy for you, and look forward to seeing you on your wedding day! You are going to make such a gorgeous bride and Lee a very lucky groom!!!
I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO