Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Those Little Moments




Those little moments. 
You know... the ones that make you just take a deep breath and make you want to freeze time and take a  mental picture 
{ Or in my case -  take a million actual pictures} 
:) 

Hopefully those of you that are reading this {parent or not} know how to appreciate every day for each and every moment.  

 I can honestly say that I was not always living my life "in the moment" before I became a mother. 

I still remind myself to step back, look around, and appreciate that. specific. moment. I mean that's all life is, isn't it? 

Moments, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years...

For me, the moment I looked at Ava for the first time was when I realized that I needed to start savoring each and every moment. 







Now I am not saying that I go around my house smiling at everything I look at and take mental notes while I do it. ha
But I am more aware of moments like Ava smiling a big gummie smile at me while I give her a warm bath before bedtime. 





I almost try and draw out the time with her right before I put her to bed. That is when a lot of my favorite moments happen. She has just finished her bath and we are looking eye to eye as I dry her off, lather her with baby lotion, and put her pajamas on... 





I love shaping her wet hair into a mohawk, listening to her screeching"kitty noises" adorable attempts to talk, and  watching her make a million faces at me that make me wish I had a video camera looking over my shoulder at all times. 

Ava, you have taught me to slow down and live each day a little more calmly, even more grateful, and excited to see what tomorrow brings.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO