Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Confessions of a Happy Housewife



Thought I'd be fun once in a while to reflect on the good, the crazy, and everything in between of my daily life as a stay at home mom & wife.... {pretty much an outlet when I have a moment and want to release some emotional craziness or just reflect on the moments that I'll probably laugh at one day.}



Today.

Today started off with a spilled glass of water, dropping my breakfast on the floor, a crying baby ready for her bottle, a dog that did #2 in the house for the zillionth day in a row (since Ava was born), mopping the floors because of the dog's #2, and me having 3 cups of coffee before 10AM in attempt to keep my calm. 

Now. 

Right now I am still in my pajamas (it is 2:40PM), praying that Ava takes more than a 20min nap, and hoping that Cooper doesn't bark AGAIN at a passerby walking their dog.

Why am I writing this post? 

To maintain my sanity  composure... 

Sure, I have my countless beautiful moments as a stay at home mom  & wife, but then I have days that aren't so glamorous. 

Today Ava seems to be grunting through her bottles, not wanting to drink the whole thing, not wanting to take a quality nap,  crying after 10 min. of falling asleep, and wanting to be held more than usual. 

I am feeling like I don't know what I am doing as a mom today
I can totally handle this!  

This isn't supposed to be a rant, feel sorry for me, or {insert other helpless feeling} kind of post, but rather - an honest look at my every day life as a mom. 

I have good days and I have not so good days.
...but even better than all of that are the AMAZING moments. 
The kind of moments that I know I'll look back one day and just smile. I'll smile because I'll remember how I felt in those moments. 

When I am having a day like this I focus on the moments that I do have as a mom and that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. 

Moments like this morning... Ava and I weren't ready to get out of bed just yet. So what that it was 10 AM and the bed wasn't made? So what I hadn't taken a shower yet?




We needed to cuddle. We needed our time to just be 
.me and her. together

Sometimes my guilt gets to me and I think about Mark slaving away at work to provide for his family while I get to have moments like these all to myself. 


I feel guilty that as he is working long hours and I am in bed with our girl witnessing her prime baby months that we will never get back. 

I thank him all the time pretty much every single day for allowing me to do this. 

So until we cannot afford for me to stay at home or until I decide that I would like to go back to work, I will cherish these crazy beautiful days. The good and the not so good.

Because in the end, this is what works for our family. Me at home with our child. 








2 comments:

  1. Great read! Breaks up my day quite nice. Hope you and Mark are fantastic and I wish nothing but the world for the 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brad! I am excited to hear that you read my blog!! :) I hope you are doing well. I'll let Mark know that you said Hi.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO