Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's a GIRL!!!

We are happy to announce that Ava is getting a little SISTER!!!!!! 
We are feeling so grateful that my test results came back showing a healthy pregnancy and baby. I literally took a deep breath in relief when the nurse told me that over the phone. 
She then asked if I wanted to know the gender...and I said, "Yes ma'am! I need to know how to prepare!" 
The nurse happily said, "It's a....girl!!!!" 
I was so happy to finally know and be able to spread the good news to our families and friends. I can't help but think of all of the girlfriends that I have who share  such a special relationship with their sisters. 

I am feeling so lucky to be the mother of two girls especially with an amazing husband to be such a great role model to them. These girls are so blessed to have Mark as a father to show them how to be respected and treated by a man. 

Ava adores Mark so much that I often joke that she prefers him over me. I am sure this little girl will be another daddy's girl too. Mark laughs because this will probably be the case and he just loves that Ava runs to him every chance she gets. He teases me about it all the time. haha.
I am on cloud 9 right now and thrilled to buy more smocked dressed and big bows. Don't worry, these girls will be learning to how to golf, fish, and play the drums with daddy. Mark plans on the girls receiving golf scholarships to FSU so they better get practicing soon! 

(Oh, and for those of you that know my mother...She is over-the-moon kind of happy. Haha. So is the rest of our family.) 
Thank you to our friends and family who have congratulated us! 
Mark has already called and asked me twice,"So what are we naming her?!" 

Ummm I don't know yet! We are only 12 weeks along...we have some time to throw around some ideas!
 (Start sending those ideas to us, friends!) 
Hope everyone is having a great day! 
Looking forward to March 28th (my due date) and meeting this sweet girl. 


Love,
Christina 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Christina! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! We are very excited for Ava to have a little sister :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I'm expecting my first little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you too!!! My little girl has brought so much joy to my life that it is unbelievable sometimes. Just tonight she said her first full sentence ever: "I wah woo mama" (I love you, mama) My heart burst into a million pieces. She is such a daddy's girl yet loves me with all her heart. You will love being a mama to your sweet girl.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! You will have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashlynn! I am having so much fun with Ava at almost 2 years old that I am looking forward to getting to watch Ava play with her little sister. Lots of fun memories ahead - that's for sure! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO