Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Plans for Tonight + daily GREEN smoothie

Hi! Almost Friday! 
I am excited for tonight because my friend, Jessica (Mark's former co-worker's wife), invited me a couple weeks ago to go listen to Rip Esselstyn speak tonight at the Whole Foods in Coral Springs. 


When she said Rip Esselstyn, I instantly thought of Dr. Esselstyn from the documentary, Forks Over Knives.  I watched about a year ago and absolutely loved it! 
(A friend of mine from college had messaged me on Facebook and recommended I watch the documentary. He and his family watched it and he told me that it changed their outlook on this way of eating and improved their overall health - especially their cholesterol levels! He saw on Facebook that I was becoming interested in what is really in our US food supply now and how our health in this country is awful because of it...I am happy he thought to share it with me!) 



Well, Rip is Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn's son. Rip is a former firefighter and talks about the importance of a more plant based diet. After watching this documentary I seriously talked to Mark about my interest in going vegan. 
"Vega the vegan," I joked...

 I made it about 2 days and then had to travel to Jacksonville for a wedding. Traveling and doing the vegan thing is tough! 
I applaud all the vegans out there. 


Anyways, although I am not a vegan, I do see the importance in eating more of a plant based diet and less of an animal based diet. 

The documentary explains it very well from a surgeon's point of view - Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. 
  


Tonight, I will be listening to his son and former fire fighter, Rip Esselstyn, speak for free at the Whole Foods in Coral Springs from 7-9PM with my friend Jessica. 



Thursday, February 6th
7-9pm
Whole Foods Market 
810 University Dr. Coral Springs, FL
 33071



If you're interested or want some motivation to start your "Meatless Mondays" New Years Resolution... you can come sit with me ;) 



The Forks Over Knives official trailer is posted below (from YouTube) in case any of you are interested in watching the documentary that his father worked on. I watched for free on our Hulu Plus account. 
(Let me know if you need it)

It is great!!! Mark watched it with me and agreed that it was eye opening and that he learned a lot. Although we are not vegan, we both took a lot of useful information about what we do eat now, how much of it we eat a week, and the quality of it. Overall, I highly recommend it to every single person - vegan or not. 
You WILL learn something. I promise.



Forks Over Knives
Official Trailer




And last but not least... Today's daily green smoothie. 


Hope you all have a great Thursday! 
XO
Christina 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea to me, meatless Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting soon - probably Sunday- about how tonight went and yes, the less animals in your diet= the better your health. :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO