Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Our Meatless Monday + My New Spiral Veggie Slicer

Our easy, Meatless Monday dinner last night...

If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen this already so I am sorry for the repeat post for some. 

Veggie patty in a portabella mushroom cap over zucchini and squash noodles. Topped with blended:mango/pineapple/coconut+ fresh mint/fresh cilantro. 

I usually use frozen organic fruit (if I don't have fresh) that I have on hand (which I also use in my smoothies)
I can use them to blend up and top off wild caught fish, organic chicken, or salad glazes/dressings. 

This veggie patty package was purchased at Costco.  Have I mentioned that we purchased a Costco membership recently because ours has a ton of organic food! Saving money, eating well, and shopping less is heaven! I spent the usual amount and have double if not triple the food stock. 

I like these veggie patties because they are soft and sweet potato-like with a lot of flavor. It has the consistency of a soft crab cake. 
(If you are open to trying these, don't go into it thinking "veggie burger". 
I don't like when meat eaters try and substitute something for meat that is plant based and then complain that it doesn't taste like meat. Uhhh... Why would plants taste like meat ? It's not meat, and that's the beauty of it. Don't try and make it something that it's not! Haha Enjoy it for what it is...

I had tried "veggie burgers" in the past and it didn't work out for me. They were a hard consistency and a lot of them have questionable ingredients. I'd much rather have a quality, grass fed beef burger than a hard veggie burger with 100 weird ingredients.  
So I am happy I found a veggie patty that I like now. 
Here they are if you want to try them out.  

Ava (and Mark) enjoyed them too!! Toddler approved!!! #momWIN  

Simple ingredients 

My veggie spiral slicer

Steaming some zoodles! 

Then today for lunch I was still craving them... 
I added some veggie patties to a small salad.  (Same glaze as above) 
I just added hemp hearts. (Also bought at Costco. 
Took 4 min to cook in a pan.  That's what I call a quick and simple meal.

Do you have any super quick, healthy meals you want to share? 

XO
Christina 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the spiral slicer looks so cool! Yummy!!

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I highly recommend it! Makes such simple dishes look beautiful in my opinion ;)

      Delete
  3. Cannot wait to get a spiralizer to try new recipes with zucchini! :) This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa! You WILL LOVE IT. So easy and fun to use. I am trying to come up with something in my head to go "spiralize!" hahaha

      Delete
  4. I love the spirals, they make an artistic meal! It looked really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that thing! Food always tastes better when you make it pretty.... ;)

      Delete
  5. YUM! Love substituting healthier versions of meat into meals.

    Hop on over and join our recipe link up today ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO