Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Beginning of "the bump" & Memorial Day 2012

Hello friends & fam!


Wanted to start blogging a bit more than I have since now I will be undergoing a lot of changes that I will want documented for Mark, myself, and our growing family to read in the future. With that said, I decided I would track my pregnancy and the growth of my tum tum! Many of you have seen ladies you know do this...week by week taking a photo of their stomach. As it may be typical or boring to some of you, it is a mind boggling and exciting thing to experience. Personally, I have ALWAYS looked forward to becoming a mother. I think I was always one of those little girls who during recess playtime wanted to "be the mom"  when we played "House" on the playground. I have always loved the idea of being a wife, running a household, and raising kids. For me, getting to see my body change and, in the end, produce me and my husband's first baby is mind blowing for me. Some girls are a bit scared or bothered when they think about their body "getting fat" or losing their figure...I AM THE OPPOSITE. ha. I am one of those people who see a pregnant woman and think it is one of the most beautiful things in life. When I found out I was pregnant, it took a while to really hit me that I was going to be actually growing a living being inside of me. So, I will be tracking the baby's growth through belly pictures because, unfortunately, I do not have an ultrasound machine in my possession. 


Last Tuesday  May 22, 2012- 16 weeks pregnant
As you can see, I look like I have a gut...nothing really there yet. I had to take this one because I knew it was about to begin!
Then, not even a week later I actually look like I have a baby bump! The tiny little growth spurt happened so incredibly quick. You spend weeks and weeks and weeks WAITING for something...then BAM - a little bump! Finally. Which brings me to our Memorial Day Weekend. 


This year, Jared and Jacki Roche drove down from St. Augustine to spend the holiday weekend with us. They arrived late Friday night and stayed at our place. On Saturday morning, Jared and Mark went golfing (as usual) and met us back at the house around 3 for lunch at Bru's Room in Pompano.
We then drove over to the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for our beach weekend. :) We had a great time with Jared and Jacki. Although they live 4 hours away, we make it a point to see them when we can and they do the same for us. They are great friends and we are lucky to have them. Also, let me not forget to mention how much we love Zach Muilman :) He spent much of the weekend with us - attention ladies, he is single and I am on the hunt for a NICE girl for him (sorry Zach - if you're reading this, please don't kill me.)

At our Mexican dinner (right before the flash, Mark put his hand on my belly :)  Makes me smile at the little things he already does that shows me how excited he is to be a dad. 


Me and "uncle Zach" who has named the guppy "Jack" because he says it  is a combination of Joe (Fisher) and Zach.  I like how he just assumes the baby is a boy... 

My favorite picture of the weekend. HAHAHA. Oh, I love this man...

Me & Jacki  behind the hotel on the intracoastal

Jared & Mark - Tank top buddies 


This is just to explain that my husband doesn't always wear awful shirts (thank GOD). It is pretty much a thing he and some of his friends do to to look as ridiculous as they can.
Last 4th of July...The start of the TACKY TANK TOP tradition. Matt Davenport  was involved in this decision...and Zach apparently missed the memo both years or is just not tacky... 


And that's it! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you got back on the blogging bandwagon! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO