Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Ava Looks Like at 24 Weeks!


Today we are at Week...
Just looking back and seeing how far we have come since Feb. 29th, 2012 when I learned that Mark and I were expecting! From the size of a poppy seed to now the size of a cantaloupe...
Ava is now a little over a pound and almost 1ft. long. Her brain is growing quickly now, she can hear me and outside noises, and her taste buds and lungs are continuously developing.

Ava at 9 weeks - Seeing her heartbeat!

Ava at 13 weeks - Seeing her jump around!
These photos below are not of Ava, but I looked up what a 24 week fetus looks like and here we are today: 

Crazy, huh? I can't believe she is that big right now! At this point, she could survive if heaven forbid she was born this early, but there would be a very high risk of complications and still chances of not surviving. It feels like yesterday that I was reading about how she was the size of a "poppy seed" or "apple seed" and now she is the size of a whooping "cantaloupe!"


Keep growing, little one! We have 16 weeks to go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO