Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ava's Home Preschooling


I thought I would share some fun things that we are doing around here with Ava. Let me start off by saying that I LOVE these free printable Preschool packs! 
We are currently using this one that I found on Pinterest.  There are a ton of these in addition to free printable toddler crafting packets that we are having fun with.

Mark and I decided against Ava starting VPK classes this Fall. (Mostly Mark though... haha)  He likes having her home with me while she is this young (and so do I!)
 I am grateful that we have the ability for me to be home with the girls right now. 

I do feel like there is pressure to enroll your toddler in a VPK program at a young age these days. (Or it is probably just in my head!) I will say that sometimes I feel guilty as if I am doing something wrong as a parent  because she isn't in a school setting being "socialized" with other kids. On the other hand, I talk to other moms that would love to be home with their young children but cannot. 

I think whether you do or don't do something as a parent, you will always question your decisions. I just have to continue to do what feels right for our family and worry about OUR family. 
She will probably start school when she is 5. She will start later since she is a November birthday and has to wait another full year until school begins. As a November birthday myself, I will say that I enjoyed being one of the oldest in my class when I was younger. So until then, we will be learning all things VPK at home. 
Who knows though...  Anything can change I suppose. So I will say "for now" instead.


Learning how to circle the amount of turkeys that she counted. 

Learning how to match the different colored turkeys. She loved this one. 

We follow the completed activities with a sticker for a job well done.

A healthy snack idea: 



I prefer giving her the Plain Greek yogurt mixed with some crushed pineapple for some sweet flavor but this is all I had today. (I added some chopped up banana because she asked for that today.) 
These yogurts have a lot of sugar so I try and do cottage cheese and plain greek yogurts more than these. This cereal is great for mixing in as granola with it too. I use to use the Cascadian Farms brand but that was a lot of sugar on top of the sugar from the yogurt... This one (pictured) has <1g sugar and has great ingredients like: spouted wheat, organic malted barley, organic almonds, organic sprouted millet, organic sprouted lentils, organic sprouted soybeans, organic spouted spelt, filtered water, and sea salt.
 I love the Food of Life Ezekiel 4:9 brand. We buy their frozen breads as well.
 Publix is now carrying their products now too! 
  Sometimes, I also add chia seeds and her probiotics in too for an extra health booster but I forgot today.

Hope you're all having a great day. 
We'll be over here doing some preschool activities and play-doh fun today :) 

-Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO