Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Perfect Parfait Porridge-Homemade Almond Milk- Green Juice

Here we go! Today's delicious breakfast and recipes... 

Ok, so I will start by saying...my mom made homemade almond milk yesterday and also prepared a "perfect parfait porridge" for me. :) I loved both SO much that I just had to share!

The recipie for the parfait porridge is found on Food Babe's website (follow her on Facebook - she is amazing.) 
FYI: my mom used rolled oats (you'll see the suggestions on the recipe) 

Link: http://foodbabe.com/2011/08/21/the-perfect-parfait-porridge/

The way to make homemade almond milk is in here too: super super easyyyy!!! 

The parfait is prepared the day before and sets overnight. Who doesn't love a cute mason jar?!



Just my daily green juice: this morning it was made like this...





I think the hardest part about healthy  recipes like the parfait, for example, is that they call for ingredients that many of us are not accustomed to buying/or even heard of. One thing I am learning (and love) is that it is so much fun to go out of your comfort zone and learn to make something with better ingredients. You'll never regret making a healthier dish...so you have nothing to lose. 

And trust me on the recipe above, it was delicious. It says you can eat it cold or heat it. I heated mine and it was the best, comfort food tasting breakfast I've had in a long time. This is wonderful for working parents on the go... Or anyone for that matter!! You prepare the day before, let it sit overnight and heat it up at work. Simple & healthy. All nonGMO and organic.

Hope you like it as much as I did! Thanks, mom! I'll make the next batches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO