Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

For the Ladies to Read...

So many of you that know me on a more personal level, know that over the last year or so I have become extremely interested in health - natural health to be more specific. I know that this is my "family blog" but I really don't want to create another blog for things like this that I like to share with my loved ones as well. So, excuse me for the non-family photos and Ava updates... 

This is a not a glamorous topic but one I think is worth sharing. 

I came across this website and article/movie when I was researching the harmful effects of GMOs, pesticides, fragrances, artificial sweetners/colors in our bodies. 

I NEVER even thought about what we ladies put on or into our bodies every month!
(tampons and sanitary pads!) 



As I would read that cotton is one of the most Gentically Modified Organisms that is used, I would think to myself..."Well, I am not going to only buy organic clothing, nor do I ingest cotton- so I am ok..." 

Never did I even think about the fact that I am using these feminine products which are going on a super sensitive area and directly entering my body. In this article, you will read that these inorganic, feminine sanitary items had been shown to be linked to, "hormone disruption, cancer, birth defects, dryness, and infertility."

If you have not watched this medical documentary about how GMOs in our food are dangerous to our health - please do so! 
Here is a link to it

Click below: 

Medical Documentary on Genetically Modified Food - Genetic Roulette

I have shared this documentary and every single one of those who watched this well-made documentary has said that they "had no idea!" and thanked me so much for sharing it. The documentary was renamed on YouTube and therefore does not have the thousands of viewed hits that it previously had. 
It is narrated by Dr. Oz's wife - Lisa Oz. 
Now, my loved ones who have watched this are now able to make their own INFORMED decisions about what goes into their bodies. 

Take 1 hour and educate yourself! :) P.S. My husband enjoyed it too!
Also, here is the article about the feminine hygiene items I was referring to: 

Click below:

Conventional Feminine Hygiene Products : A Women's Issue with Toxic Implications

I will be on the hunt next time I go to Whole Foods for one of these  products. 



Hope you ladies take care of yourselves! :) 



XO
Christina 


2 comments:

  1. Scary! One more thing I need to change over =)

    I nominated you for a Liebster award if you want to play along!

    http://ebethandjason.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm posting on old posts - I'd love to see a follow-up post on this and what you've tried/liked/disliked. I know it's a touchy subject but I'm like you - it hadn't really occurred to me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO