Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ava's 2nd Halloween


Just thought I'd give a little recap of our Halloween this year before I upload all of Ava's 2nd birthday party photos! 

Halloween was very fun this year. We started the day off at Learning Express Toy store (our favorite!) for Halloween activities. (crafts, costume march, stories, face painting, and playing with their train set of course.) 


We decided to go with a modified costume for the hot afternoon. I was going to save the tights and long sleeve for that evening. 




Later that day, Ava was entered in her first Halloween costume contest! She was contestant #71 and won in the "Original Costume" category! Just what mama was aiming for! 

My mom put together my Pre-K costume with clown pieces and a Minnie Mouse dress. She was creative with it and I ended up winning 1st place that year. I even remember my giant Hershey's bar that I won. I thought it would be fun to recreate that with Ava and have fun making our own version of a little clown. I had a great time putting this together and laughed a lot in the process. 
Ava with her Nana (Mark's mom) and her Nonna (my mom) before the contest started 

This picture doesn't do the costume contest justice. It filled up last minute and I would say there ended up being about 120+ contestants plus their families. 

Getting excited to take our position on stage!



Woohoo! The cutest clown in the world! 

Accepting Ava's Award: A gift card to Target aka A gift card to mom heaven

With Uncle Tommy

We even ran into Elmo... and he gave hugs too! He was the sweetest. 

Ava was in love. "Eh-mo!"

Pit stop at Carter's on the way home

We ended up not going to a couple of events that we were originally going to go to but the day flew by! 
I did manage to have my friend and her son, Christian, over to take a little "pumpkin butt" photo shoot. Yes, I painted his naked little baby butt into a pumpkin and got some adorable photos of him. 

There you have it... Ava's 2nd Halloween was a great time and I am already looking forward to next Halloween. 

Hope you all had a great Halloween! 
XO
Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback!
Thank you for taking time to comment.
XO